Re: Is GraphSteam still active in development?

  • From: Önder Gürcan <onder.gurcan AT gmail.com>
  • To: yoann.pigne AT gmail.com
  • Cc: graphstream-users AT litislab.fr
  • Subject: Re: Is GraphSteam still active in development?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 16:51:30 +0100

Hi,

Yoann Pigné <yoann.pigne AT gmail.com>, 23 Kas 2018 Cum, 14:31 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
Hi,

Indeed, we are about to release version 2 of GraphStream. It’s true that information and documentation are missing. We have to update the documentation on the website.

Thanks for the rapid response. It would be really good if the documentation is updated, since it is v2, I suppose there are some fundemantal changes coming which are not necessarility backward compatible.

A lot of work has be going on branch « dev » of gs-core. And as you pointed out, a Swing and a JavaFX version of the UI are available. A lot of work as been done here too. Both libraries are equivalent in terms of features for now, but we would like JavaFX to take over soon.

Good to know this also. In fact. I asked this question because on git I have seen more recent activity on Swing part rather than JavaFX. By the way, which version of JavaFX are you going to support? It would be good to know it in advance.

We decided to stop producing maven releases and prefer the use of a more robust approach using jitpack where any tag or git hash can be used in a maven configuration. You can read more here : https://github.com/graphstream/gs-core/blob/dev/README.md

This is something new to me. Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Best,

Onder.

Yoann