Re: Is GraphSteam still active in development?

  • From: Yoann Pigné <yoann.pigne AT gmail.com>
  • To: "graphstream-users AT litislab.fr" <graphstream-users AT litislab.fr>, Önder Gürcan <onder.gurcan AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: Is GraphSteam still active in development?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 14:31:37 +0100

Hi,

Indeed, we are about to release version 2 of GraphStream. It’s true that information and documentation are missing. We have to update the documentation on the website.

A lot of work has be going on branch « dev » of gs-core. And as you pointed out, a Swing and a JavaFX version of the UI are available. A lot of work as been done here too. Both libraries are equivalent in terms of features for now, but we would like JavaFX to take over soon.

We decided to stop producing maven releases and prefer the use of a more robust approach using jitpack where any tag or git hash can be used in a maven configuration. You can read more here : https://github.com/graphstream/gs-core/blob/dev/README.md

Yoann