Re: Event-Based GraphStream Application

  • From: guilhelm savin <guilhelm.savin AT gmail.com>
  • To: graphstream-users AT litislab.fr, "Jacob M. H. Smith" <jacob.m.h.smith AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: Event-Based GraphStream Application
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:12:57 +0200

Hi Jacob,

If all your operations happen in the swing thread, which sounds to be the best way if these operations are short, you should put your graph in the swing thread and define your own mouse and shortcut manager.
Blocking pump is only helpful if your graph is not in the swing thread, so when you have lot of operations to do which are not linked to the view, or which are too complex to be done in the swing thread (it will cause view to be rendered very slowly).

Here is an example of a full swing-based GraphStream application : https://gist.github.com/gsavin/6577865
I show you how to init the graph in the swing thread and to install mouse and shortcut managers.

Hope it helps. If not, please let us know.

Guilhelm